Saturday 13 February 2010

Oh! What'll the neighbours say? What'll the neighbours...

Poor Mr Q, what he puts up with. Not only has his wife started to blog, she's started mentioning him in it as well. Mr Q is no stranger to putting his life's wares out for all to see, he's actually rather a success at it. But, as he points out to me, he is always careful to disguise the facts. There is some wisdom in this, though perhaps also a gnat's gasp of paranoia. Still, in the interests of matrimonial harmony I had best point out a few things which Mr Q drew my attention to:

1. We don't live in a street called Finchmore. That's a fictional name.

2. Mr Q is a fictional construct. He seemed to find it reassuring when I put it to him last night that he doesn't, in fact, exist as 'Mr Q' at all.

3. No, it's not called The IRA church. That was a rumour put about by my naughty uncle and repeated (in all innocence) by Mr Q. Please don't send round the heavies.

And now, if I may be permitted to say my piece, I should just like to add that at present I think it is highly unlikely that any of this blethering is going to meet its target, should it have one. I undertake to do a bit of masking, covering of tracks etc. But really, unless you leave a comment letting me know how I'm getting on or who I've unwittingly insulted... well, I'm just going to have to carry on regardless. Now excuse me, I've pies to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment