Friday 25 June 2010

Seduced by the retail

I feel like I'm poaching from Exitainment's territory to do so, but what I really really want to write about is a t.v. programme called 'Mary Queen of Shops'.

It's not far from this blog's brief, in actual fact, since what Mary Portas cares about is shopping and, whether it's charity shops or greengrocers, when it comes to my local high street, so do I. I agree with her: I don't want everywhere to be cloned by the supermarkets and the chain shops. Kilburnia may not exist as an entity, but its many streets are my stamping ground, and where I have to walk this talk of mine every day.

So watch this space - or just put me on your blogroll and watch that space - and I will endeavour to deliver the goods, with the help of my new retail guru, Mary Portas. Gosh, even her name has the ring of quality to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment