Monday 13 September 2010

Tinketty-tonk

The following turned up in my comments box. Am I being paranoid, or does it seem to you that it could have been written by someone in the pay of Studio London? I publish it in the interests of fairness, but in answer to the questions it lays out...

a) why on earth indeed? Read back through the blog to find out. I was feeding the baby when, out of the blue, the phone rang and some lovely-voiced lady told me I'd won a prize.

b) none of that makes the slightest difference to me, the customer - or should that be 'prizewinner'. Potential sales are just that - potential. And I shouldn't forfeit any money to, or be made to feel guilty by a company that can't cover its own costs as a photography studio.

And if you're not saying their methods are right, stop defending them! Thank you for writing in, though, and do get in touch if I've misrepresented you. Now over to you.


"I read all these comments and two things spring to mind.

a) why on earth do you give you card details to a person you don't know, from a company you haven't contacted and whose product you're not sure if you'll buy?

b) do you realise that when you book a time slot for your photo session, they have a cost associated with it? They need to reserve a photographer and allocate a time slot. If you then don't turn up, they have lost a potential sale and still have to pay the photographer...

I'm not saying that their methods are right (although their are legal), but they aren't any different from any other makeover photo company or business that wants to get you in their shop so they can sell you their product."

No comments:

Post a Comment